It is a great day to be a basketball fan since FIBA U18 European Basketball Championship is starting today, on the beautiful day of July 29th.
Once more top 16 European teams with players 18 years old or younger will fight for the gold in division A.
24 more teams have already started their journey in Tallinn, where division B has already started. These teams will try to win their ticket to the higher division.
As of now the favorites to win the B division are Croatians but there are many more teams to give a hard challenge.
We are used to seeing better competition in the higher division and this summer is no different as there are strong teams from France, Turkey, Spain, Serbia, Greece and Lithuania (and many more!).
Get ready to see the upcoming stars of European basketball in the championship that for takes place in Bratislava and Pieštany, Slovakia!
There will be 8 games on the opening day of the tournament. Pease note that the schedule is in the local time with game odds presented in parentheses.
- 14:30 Ukraine – Italy (3.50 and 1.18),
- 14:30 Finland – Lithuania (3.36 and 1.35),
- 16:45 Germany – Turkey (3.96 and 1.28),
- 16:45 France – Bosnia and Herzegovina (1.10 and 7.90),
- 19:00 Russia – Montenegro (1.39 and 3.13),
- 19:15 Slovak Republic – Latvia (1.63 and 2.35),
- 21:15 Serbia – Spain (2.06 and 1.81),
- 21:30 Slovenia – Greece (3.12 and 1.39).
Let us remind you that two years ago, the U16 championship among these teams and players was won by Bosnia and Herzegovina that outscored Lithuania in the final.
So happy stake hunting!